Are your hamstrings to tight and preventing you from training? Grab a barbel and use this self myofascial release exercise before and after your Muay Thai training.
If you can't afford a massage, no problem. Here's my DIY way of relaxing tight hamstrings.
How to Perform
- Rack a barbell just below hip level.
- Climb one leg over the barbell, placing the upper portion of your hamstring on the bar.
- More pressure isn't necessarily better. Aim for a comfortable, yet fair amount of body weight on your hamstring.
- Look for hot spots by extending and flexing your knee out and internally and externally rotating your thigh.
- Work your way up and down your hamstring.
- Aim for about 2 minutes or until you feel your hamstring relaxes.
Use this self myofascial release exercise the next time your hamstrings are stiff and leave me a comment with your experience. Don't forget to share with your teammates as well.
Best to your training,