Want to improve your reaction time for kicks? Add this drill to your training. Here's how...
Here's one drill I like to perform towards the end of my training sessions. It'll teach you to react quickly to the pads, teach you how to recover from a missed punch and improve your timing from punching to kicking.
How to Perform
- Striker throws continuous jab-cross while waiting for pad holder's cue.
- Pad Holder prompts for a kick, knee, or both whenever they choose.
- Striker, focus on your body awareness by pulling back your punch when the pad holder flashes the prompt. This will prevent you from over extending your punching arm.
- Keep your hands busy and hips moving.
- When you see the cue, strike with POWER!
- After your kick/knee, continue throwing your jab-cross
Try this drill out today. Share it with your teammates and comment below with your experience.
Best to your training,
Post a Comment