Besides looking like a rare mating dance here's a hip opener that uses the frog pose, a reach and the Spider-man climb. Add this to your warm up, cool down, or in between.
Frog Pose w/ Shift
- Place your feet against a wall with your knee inline (pointing outwards)
- Keep your back flat and go into a quadruped position.
- Rock back & forward while maintaining a straight spine.
- As your hips start to open, you can sink down even further. (Don't force it!)
- Now you can include the reach. BTW my overhead reach is horrible!
- Both feet against the wall.
- Stand in high plank.
- Step a foot up on the side of your hand
- Sink your hip down for a second.
- Maintain neutral spine and raise your head accordingly.
As your hips start to open up, you can sink down even further. Remember to gradually increase and never force the stretch/opener.
Give these a try and make sure to leave a comment or message me with your experience.
Best to your training,
Post a Comment